After departing with Hero, now this bike maker had decided to capture the unstoppable bike segment of India. To take it in an organized form, Honda CB150R had set a target of 20 million units by 2020. Some aspiring jags are needed for these million figures, and to fuel the aspirations Japanese had decided to launch four models of scooters and bikes every year kicking off in 2013.
The Honda CB150R StreetFire is a result of this initiative which is followed new powerplant in Activa, Dio and Aviator. StreetFire is the naked version of CBR 150R which that was rolled out give power in the hands of key segment. After all, both of them will share the same engine i.e. liquid cooled, four stroke 149.4 cc fuel injected mated with 6 speed gearbox.
Need not to say, same Honda trend of peak torque at a higher RPM will too be seen, as the power of 16.8 bhp is tweaked at 10,000 RPM with 13.3 Nm of torque at 8000 RPM.
Suggested by the name, it is more of a street bike as sharp ergonomics is cleverly done with Honda’s standard detailing. It will also deliver comfort at a high level with the excitement of chilling thrills.
Because of the Japanese’s Premium pricing technique we are unable to figure out its direct competitor. To an extent Yamaha FZ seems to give it a tough time but as an expected tag of more than 1 lakh draws line between Pulsar 200 NS, KTM Duke and many others.
Successfully, it was launched in Jakarta last year and that same version is assumed to be landing here as well.
Till then get your gears ready as technical specifications are mentioned below along with a feasting video.
Technical Specifications of Honda CB150R StreetFire:
- Length X width X height: 2008 x 719 x 1061 mm
- Axis Wheels distance: 1288 mm
- Ground Clearance: 148 mm
- Dry weight: 129 kg
- Fuel tank capacity: 12 liters
- Frame: Diamond Steel (Truss Frame)
Braking and Suspension
- Type of Front suspension: Telescopic
- Type of Rear suspension: Swing Arm Monoshock Suspension (Pro-Link Suspension System)
- Front brake: Hydraulic disc, with double piston 260mm
- Rear brake: Hydraulic disc, with Single Piston 220mm
- Front tyre size: 80/90 17″ (tubeless)
- Rear tyre size: 100/80 17″ (tubeless)
- Engine type: 4-Stroke, DOHC, 4-Valve, Single Cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 63.5 x 47.2 mm
- Displacement: 149.48 cc
- Compression Ratio: 11.0: 1
- Maximum power: 12.5 kW (17.0 PS) / 10,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 13.1 Nm (1.34 kgf.m) / 8000 rpm
- Lubricant Oil Capacity Engine: 1.0 Liter on the Periodic Replacement
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Electrical and Others
- Starter: Kick & Electrical
- Battery: 12V, 5 Ah
- Ignition System: Full transistorized